Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Operation Baking GALS



I recently joined a volunteer group called Operation Baking GALS (Give A Little Support). The purpose of the group is to send baked goods to the soldiers overseas. I joined a group through East To West Bakers. I sent off my first shipment today!

I made Mrs. Fields Double-Rich Chocolate Cookies with the help of the boys, of course!

Ingredients

2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
3/4 cup white sugar
1 cup salted butter, softened
3 large eggs
2 tsp pure vanilla
2 cups (12 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips

-Preheat oven to 325.
-Combine flour, soda, salt and cocoa powder. Mix well and set aside
-In a large bowl, blend sugars at medium speed. Beat in the butter and egg until creamy.
-Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until light and fluffy.
-Add the flour mixture and chips, and blend at low speed just until combined.
Don't over mix
-Drop dough 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes





I threw in some smarties and skittles to help fill the box.
I hope he and his fellow soldiers enjoy it!

1 comment: