Monday, November 23, 2009

Harvest Krispie Treats

The boys are having a Thanksgiving Party at Mother's Day Out on Tuesday. I signed up to make rice krispie treats since they are allergy friendly to the boys as well as a few other kiddos in their class that have allergies. However, I can't make them plain! I had all of these ingredients in my cabinet!!

I made some pumpkins. Just rolled the cereal treats into a ball, rolled them in orange sprinkles and topped it off with a green fondant stem. I attached a little note saying HAPPY THANKSGIVING with a leaf sticker.

After I ran out of orange sprinkles, I found some yellow ones. I immediately thought of corn. So, I rolled the cereal treats into a thick log, covered them with yellow sprinkles, cut fondant in the shape of leaves, and attached them to look like the husk of corn. I attached a little note saying "Have an A-maize-ing Thanksgiving" with a leaf sticker.

It only took about 30 minutes to make the treats, decorate them, and put them in clear treat bags. I managed to get that done while the boys were playing nicely in their room! I made the little notes and attached them while the boys were napping. I hope the kiddos like them at their church party tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment